Hospitals are experiencing a greater need for specialized coding services in the wake of the transition to ICD-10. New challenges emerge for hospitals, as ICD-10 has revamped diagnosis and procedure coding and creates the need for hospitals to upgrade to the ICD-10-(PCS) Procedure Coding System if inpatient procedure data is reported.
Outsourcing hospital coding needs to a medical coding company will reduce the costs of facility overhead, end the need to continually train and update staff coders, and eliminate many of the expenditures associated with employing a staff of coding specialists.
Medical coding services are advantageous to all of types of hospitals and healthcare facilities:
• Large and small community hospitals and other acute care facilities.
• Private hospitals
• Public hospitals
• Teaching hospitals
• Long-term care facilities
• Tertiary hospitals
Accurate and highly competent coding practices instituted by PDN guarantee that hospitals will benefit from a streamlined coding process that meets or exceeds industry standards. Whether hospital support needs be short or long term, rest assured that credentialed hospital coding specialists will provide consistent results that are precise and compliant. PDN’s medical coding best practices also comply with Medicare’s Recovery Audit Contractor program and all other state and federal regulatory requirements.
Hospital Coding Services:
Remote medical coding lab:
PDN’s remote coding lab ensures efficient, accurate coding services on a 24/7 basis. Our enhanced services provide hospitals the productive support necessary to maximize revenue realization, augment business processes, and help meet the organizational needs of the facility; all of which add to the advancement of quality healthcare.
• Reduce Discharged Not Final Billed (DNFB) load: DNFB loads impact bottom lines. Prompt, competent coding helps to decrease accounts receivable, advance hospital revenue cycles, and improve cash flow.
• Mitigate coding backlog: Our professional, credentialed coders work diligently to provide a meticulous work product that increases coding throughput to boost insurance provider claims processing and reimbursement.
Medical coding audits:
Medical coding audits assess and evaluate performances based on detail accuracy, coding applications, and related outcomes.
RAC audits address any improper payment disbursements made as a result of improper billing or coding in relation to Medicare claims, whether they be overpaid or underpaid accounts. It is therefore essential that hospitals operate on a basis of exacting, compliant, and appropriate coding measures that adhere to the set guidelines in order to reduce risk and increase cash flow. PDN’s auditing capabilities include:
• Nationwide medical coding audits for the public and private sectors.
• Certified, licensed, and credentialed medical coding auditors.
• Project management.
• Government agency audits.
• Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC).
Medical coding information and educational services:
• Continuing education
• Workshops and seminars
• Training options
We offer the flexibility and the diligence that hospitals need to ensure consistent and reliable insurance reimbursement, increase productivity, and remedy backlogs and costly delays. Our hospital coding services fulfill unique medical specialization demands in the following areas, and more:
• Emergency Department
• Ambulatory Clinics
• Lab and X-ray
• Cardiac Catheterization
• GI Endoscopy Labs
• Inpatient Acute Care
• Same Day Surgery
• Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
• Specialty Hospitals
• Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology
• Surgical Pathology